#WSAVA2021 Social Media Guide
WSAVA 2021 is here to bring the global veterinary community together and one of the best ways to connect with each other online is via Social Media
Be social, share your experience & create memories at WSAVA 2021!
To enhance your experience and ability to connect with people virtually, we encourage you to share information about the Congress and your participation in it on social media – before, during and after the WSAVA Global Community Congress.
The official hashtag for the WSAVA 2021 Congress is #WSAVA2021
Make sure to use it when tweeting and posting on Facebook or Instagram to be part of the discussion.
Use our dedicated hashtag #WSAVApets to enter our photo competition and share insights into your Congress experience.
The WSAVA2021 Instagram Story Filter is here!
We have created 3 unique #WSAVA2021 Instagram story filters for you to use during the congress!
Show us your furry pal you are enjoying the congress with! …Or just your pretty face, we’d LOVE to see you <3
How to access the WSAVA 2021 Instagram filters?
Step 1: In the Instagram app, go to the Story creation section, then swipe left on the icons at the bottom of the screen until you see a magnifying glass (Browse Effects).
Step 2: Tap on the magnifying glass to open the Effects Gallery and in the top search bar type WSAVA 2021.
Please note: Just “WSAVA” won’t find your filter, so make sure you type in the full “WSAVA 2021”
Step 3: Select “try it now” and snap your pic featuring you and your congress buddy!
Enjoy and tell us what you think online – using the #WSAVA2021 and #WSAVApets hashtags!
More Ways to Share & Connect
Here are a couple of ideas to join the conversation online, network and connect at #WSAVA2021:
- Live tweet from sessions, meetings, and the exhibition. Be sure to mention @VetsWSAVA and use the hashtag #WSAVA2021
- Retweet, like, share or repost live coverage coming from @VetsWSAVA / @wsava-vets /@WSAVA accounts
- Post your pictures and share them in stories or post them using the hashtags #WSAVA2021 and #WSAVApets to enter our photo competition and share insights into your Congress experience.
Personalise Your Posts
Use the below images to post to your channels and tell your network you are attending or presenting at WSAVA 2021, share your Congress experiences with the global vet community and make new connections.
(click on an image and then right-click to save it on your device.)
‘Join me at WSAVA 2021’ – Social media banners
Post this banner to let your friends and colleagues know you will be attending the virtual conference and invite them to join you.
FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
‘I will be presenting at WSAVA 2021’ – social media banners
Post this banner to announce to your network you will be presenting at the Congress and promote your lecture/poster.
FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
A social media newbie?
Do you want to join the discussion but are you not on social media yet? Wondering where to start or what to do?
Our detailed guide below will help you follow the trending discussions related to #WSAVA2021 across all platforms.
What happens on WSAVA’s social media channels before, during and after a congress?
The WSAVA social media channels:
- Provide all the general information + deadline announcements you need as soon as these become available.
- Provide all the WSAVA association – AND congress – related information, announcements, and deadlines, keeping you in the loop of the latest developments on a daily basis – we make sure you don’t miss a thing about WSAVA!
- Bring to your attention the latest scientific developments/journals/articles within the industry worldwide.
- Guide you through the WSAVA Congress stages – call for abstracts, guidelines, registration process and deadlines, etc.
- Are there for you always to answer any questions regarding WSAVA!
- Create a worldwide online community by means of gathering everybody interested in WSAVA related information!
- Gather people like YOU – we are thereby able to create and maintain this connection between yourself and your like-minded peers and colleagues from all around the world – Join us – we need you and your work to create a better world ? – especially DURING the WSAVA Congress days – we create and maintain an all-day online conversation throughout all WSAVA social media channels.
- Re-share all WSAVA-related information that is being uploaded online and discussed – so by following WSAVA on social media we make sure you never miss a thing AND you get to meet new people!
- Provide latest updates and end-of-day congress video highlights, interviews with ambassadors and speakers PLUS interactions with speakers and other participants. A chance for broader discussions post-congress.
- For these and many other reasons, you NEED to be part of WSAVA’s social media world!
Be sure to connect with us on:
The #WSAVA2021 hashtag and #WSAVApets hashtags
Stay connected and make the most out of this virtual adventure!
Make sure that you include our hashtags to your posts – then make sure you follow these hashtags in the social media’s search bars, so you get the latest developments and updates from ourselves and your colleagues attending #WSAVA2021 with you in real-time!
What is a hashtag, How to “hashtag” and why include them in your social media posts?
- A hashtag or this symbol “#” as it is more commonly known has become an integral part of social media.
- A hashtag is a label for content. It helps others who are interested in a certain topic, quickly find content on that same topic.
- Hashtags make it easier for you to discover posts around specific topics.
- They’re not just for Twitter anymore, either. Hashtags are effective on other social media platforms too. (Find more details on how to use hashtags for each platform below.)
How to use hashtags effectively:
- They always start with # but they won’t work if you use spaces, punctuation or symbols.
- Including hashtags in your posts means taking part in a conversation happening on that social media platform. And most importantly, it makes your posts visible in that conversation!
- For example, if you use #WSAVA2021 on your Instagram posts, everybody who follows that hashtag will see your recent post in their feed. You might gain some new followers this way as well – and thereby, connect with WSAVA-interested peers worldwide!
How to use and follow the WSAVA hashtags:
#WSAVA2021 – this is the official WSAVA Congress hashtag. Use it for all your Congress-related posts/tweets.
- Click here to see all posts using #WSAVA2021 on Twitter
- Click here to see all posts using #WSAVA2021 on Facebook
- Click here to see all posts using #WSAVA2021 on Instagram
#WSAVApets– use it to enter our photo contest with your photo! No need to include it in your regular posts
- Click here to see posts with #WSAVApets on Twitter
- Click here to see posts with #WSAVApets on Facebook
- Click here to see posts with #WSAVApets on Instagram
#WSAVA2021 #veterinarymedicine #wsavacommunity – for ALL general WSAVA updates
Some easy ways to share information about the Congress with your network:
- Live tweet from sessions, meetings and the exhibition. Be sure to mention @VetsWSAVA and use the hashtag #WSAVA2021.
- Share your highlights from sessions, using #WSAVA2021hashtag.
- You can also retweet and repost live coverage coming from the Congress on Facebook.
- Post photos and mention @VetsWSAVA, and use the hashtag #WSAVA2021 on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can also like and share WSAVA posts with your audience.
- Take a selfie and show us what is your online conference set up for the very first virtual WSAVA Congress– use both the #WSAVA2021 and #WSAVApets hashtags in your selfie posts – these might just win you a prize! ?
- Watch and share WSAVA YouTube videos.